CASUALTY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
Timing 24 hrs, 365 days:
Casualty medical officers and residents available 24 hours on all days
Call days are fixed for various Consultants and are available round the clock.
OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENT
- General OPD(Medicine, Surgery, Gynecology , Pediatrics, Eye, ENT, Orthopedics and Dental) : 9am to 4pm
- Speciality Clinics (Infertility, Cancer Detection, Immunization & Well baby, High Risk Newborn Follow-up, Asthma, Pediatric Nephrology, Pain Management etc) : 2pm to 4pm
- Registration Counter open from 9am to 4pm
Laboratory : Sample collection round the clock (24 x 7 )
Phone number – 08182 298006, 295604 Intercom Extension Number - 286
Radiology: Round the clock (24 x 7 ).
Phone number – 08182 298006, 295604 Intercom Extension number - 296
Blood Bank facilities available in the Hospital round the Clock ( 24 x 7)
Phone number – 08182 298006, 295604 Intercom Extension number - 280
All patients admitted in various wards of the hospital are treated as per the hospital policy.
Diet provided to all indoor patients.
Visitors are allowed only at notified visiting hours : 4 to 6 PM on all days, 10am-12pm on Sundays and holidays
Facility of free treatment for Economically Weaker Section (OPD – 10%, IPD – 10%)
Staff nurses are on duty round the clock in the wards.
Admitted patients should contact the staff nurse / Floor manager for any medical assistance they need
- Wheel chairs and stretchers are available for non-ambulatory patients.
- Ambulance available, on payment, round the clock.
- There is a standby generator and Online UPS to cater to emergency services in case of breakdown of electricity.
- Adequate drinking water and toilet facilities are available.
- Cafeteria – 7AM. To 10 P.M
- Pharmacy service is located on the ground floor and Casualty Block ( 24 hours , 365 days)
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
- There may be occasions when our services may not be up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to lodge your complaints with our MS.
- You may also fill up Response card and drop the same in the secure ‘’Suggestion Box’’ The Hospital is a no smoking and no alcohol zone
At Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, we respect the individuals and their personal and unique needs. We expect that the observance of patients’ rights will support mutual cooperation and greater satisfaction for the patients and hospital staff alike.
As a patient you have the right to
- Know the name, identity and professional status of all the people providing services to you and to know the physician who is primarily responsible for your care.
- Receive complete and current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in terms that you can understand.
- An explanation is given which you can understand of any proposed procedure, drug or treatment; the possible benefits; the serious side effects, risks or drawbacks which are known; potential costs; problems related to recovery; and the likelihood of success. The explanation should also include discussion of alternative procedures or treatments.
- Accept or refuse any procedure, drug or treatment, and to be informed of the consequences of any such refusal. If there is conflict between you and your parents/ guardian regarding your exercise of this right, you and parents / guardian may need to participate in conflict resolution procedure.
- Expect that all communications and records related to your care will be treated confidentially.
- Obtain supportive care, particularly in critical illness or terminal illness, in management of severe pain and in bereavement.
- Obtain consultation with another physician regarding your care. This consultation may results in additional cost to you or your family.
- Request consultation with the hospital Ethics Committee regarding ethical issues involved in your care.
- Be transferred to other facility at your request or when medically appropriate and legally permissible. You have a right to be given a complete explanation concerning the need for such transfer. The facility to which you will be transferred must first accept you as a patient.
- Know if your care involves research or experimental methods of treatment. You have the right to consent or refuse to participate.
- Examine your bills and receive an explanation of the charges regardless of the source of payment for your care.
- Be informed of any hospital polices, procedure rules & regulations applicable to your care.
As a Patient it is your responsibility
- To provide all personal and family health information needed to provide you with appropriate care. This includes reporting if you are in pain, or require pain relief.
- To participate to the best of your ability in making decisions about your medical treatment, and to comply with the agreed upon plan of care.
- To ask questions to your physician or other care providers when you do not understand any information or instructions.
- To inform your physician or other care provider if you desire a transfer of care to another physician, care giver or facility.
- To be considerate of others receiving and providing care.
- To comply with facility policies and procedures, including those regarding smoking, maintaining low noise level, and number of visitors.
- To accept financial responsibility for health care services and settle bills promptly